Amy Sweezey is an award-winning broadcast meteorologist, author, public speaker, and mom of 3. For more than 25 years, she has delivered forecasts on television and spoken to countless groups about forecasting, broadcasting, and weathering the storms of life.
She graduated magna cum laude from Loyola University Chicago before continuing her meteorological studies at Mississippi State University. Amy holds the prestigious Certified Broadcast Meteorologist seal awarded by the American Meteorological Society along with the National Weather Association Seal of Approval. She is a proud recipient of multiple “Best Weathercast” and “Best Weather Reporting” awards from the Florida Associated Press, and in 2018 the National Weather Association named Amy "Broadcaster of the Year."
Amy was elected to the National Weather Association’s Board of Directors in 2022 and is currently serving a 3-year term. She has authored two children’s books about weather. Her latest, Let’s Talk Weather: TV Forecasting: Behind the Scenes was selected as a gold medalist in the 2018 Florida Authors and Publishers Association President’s Awards.
Amy lives in Seminole County, Florida with her husband and 3 teenagers.
Amy doesn't have much free time with three children, but with the little bit she can find, she enjoys reading and going to the beach (or pool). A self-proclaimed introvert who talks for a living, Amy loves to create quiet space whenever possible, and just.... be.
Want to learn more about Amy? Click on the links below to explore:
- "Rain or Shine," an exclusive interview on The Moms Magazine
- "Hurricane Force Mom" in Lake Mary Life Magazine
- Let's Talk Weather Wins a Gold Medal - Orlando Sentinel
- Amy Sweezey Named 2018 Broadcaster of the Year - Orlando Sentinel
- No Sleep Til Sudbury Podcast: Amy Chats About The Music That Makes Her Skin Vibrate
- Amy Sweezey: Multi-Tasking Mom & Meteorologist in Orange Appeal Magazine, February 2019
- Renee Writes Now! Blog: Author Renee Garrison Interviews Amy Sweezey
- Storm Front Freaks Podcast, episode #94 featuring Amy. Click here to listen on Apple Podcasts. and Click here to listen on Android devices.
- Amy Sweezey Leaving WESH 2 News - Orlando Sentinel, March 13, 2020
- Amy Sweezey Staying at WESH a Few More Weeks - Orlando Sentinel April 2, 2020
- Amy Sweezey Winding Up Her WESH Run - Orlando Sentinel May 20, 2020
- Amy's article "Staying Positive in a Negative World" as seen in Orlando Medical News published July 18,2020
- Ask a Meteorologist: Amy answers 3 questions in Lake Mary Life Magazine, Summer 2022 (on pages 50-51)